Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A visit from the book fairy.....

You know, I love my local library system. The actual library nearest me isn't all that impressive - the shelf collection is very limited - but they have the greatest county-wide feature: home delivery! Seriously, it's wonderful! I can now check out my library books without ever having to leave the comfort of my home! I simply log on to the library's site, use the online card catalog to find what I want, order them up, and they send someone to the shelves to find the books (at any of the county's many branches) and send them to my house via courier. And get this - FREE SERVICE! Can you believe it? Now, don't get me wrong - I love being able to go to the library and caress the spines of the various tomes while trying to choose something new and interesting to read, but the abilityt o search for all the crochet books in the county system and have them all delivered to my doorstep...... Um, WOW!!!
So yes, I love my little visits from the book fairy. I leave in the morning and my doorstep is empty. A little later I look out, and there is the bag with my book(s). What else could make a bookish hooker happier, I ask you?

No comments: