Thursday, September 28, 2006

Countdown to the holidays....

Okay, so today is September 28. It's officially Autumn, and officially the start of the crucnh time for those of us crafting our Christmas gifts. This is my first year doing such an abundance of crafted gifts - usually the kids and I make ornaments or something for everyone, but that's a 1-2 evening project. However, this year I have my newfound obsession. I figure I should at least make the things I create be gifts. That way, maybe Hans won't be quite so upset with my time spent crocheting and the amount of money I'm spending on yarn. Maybe. Not holding my breath, though.... He just doesn't understand that this is cheaper than therapy, and since I started crocheting, I have stopped needing my Xanax! It's amazing!

Okay, so back to the countdown to the holidays...... I have 11 weeks to get everything done.... Now, being the organized dork that I am, I have a spreadsheet set up with what I need to make, who it's for, whether I have planned it (ie: either found or created the pattern), whether I have the yarn or need to get the yarn, whether I have started it or not, and when it's done...... I think that's pretty awesome of me, so far. I also have all my yarn organized and seperated into ziplocs by either promised to a project (and each project gets its own baggie) or sorted by fiber so that I can do a quick search.... Granted, I don't have that much yarn, especially compared to my mentors, but still. I'm a classic Type A.

So, between now and December 16, I need to complete AT LEAST:
  • 3 hat and scarf sets
  • 2 afghans
  • a wrap
  • a shawl
  • a poncho
  • a tote bag
  • 3 or 4 kitchen sets
  • 3 more hats alone
  • a set of felted Ohio State can coozies
  • 2 sets of felted coasters
And then anything else I think of that I absolutely must have :D I think I'm going to be a busy girl!!

No comments: